Friday, April 24, 2009

A vision for School 2.0...

This is my shortest blog....like ever.

It's less a blog and more just a thought I'd like to share. Do with it what you will.

Thanks to my wacky, wonderful PLN, I started my morning listening to The Age of Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In. Then I started thinking about this whole "School 2.0" thing and what it means to me.

For me, in my vision of the future, School 2.0 is all about school repurposed as a community center. Classroom cohorts give way to communities, both local and global. And technology is not a cold lifeless thing, but is used to edify, educate and to create connections.

For me, School 2.0 is all about connections. It's all about bringing us together; learning together, growing together, living together.

Pretty neat, huh?

Happy Friday everyone.

And wherever you are, take a moment, open your blinds, open your windows, and let the sun shine in.

2 comments:

Brent R Jones said...

Good point, schools need to evolve quite a bit. Social places to learn would be a great goal.

imcue said...

I think more tech should be taught to the kids in schools; this is the way of the future. U.S. schools are falling behind,they should be worring less about teaching Spanish language and more about teach tech language.